The understanding of the building process will have an impact on how we live in and enjoy our home. That is why carefully discuss your electrical and lighting plan with an electrician from House Renovations company.
Here are my top 8 things about electrical installation to consider which can be helpful for you as well.
- Do not over-light your interiors. Start with function and adapt your lighting depending on the needs in the space to avoid over lighting your home, put a dimmer on every interior light!
- Consider mixing lighting solutions. Take the time to research all the lighting options before meeting with your electrician so you can develop a plan that works.
- Automate lighting. Add some automatic lights (f.e., a sensor when you open the butler’s pantry) not to fumble in the dark. Small thoughtful details before electric wiring installation can make your home more comfortable.
- Power point placement matters. Place power points in sight. Install additional power point for your laptop or a phone charge in the dining area close to the table in a place that wouldn’t be a trip hazard.
- Consider the switches. There are some truly stylish options of switches on the market now. You can even replace the buttons with personalised images like a laundry, garage, so you won’t be flicking every switch on until you find the right one!
- In-wall vacuum systems need to be planned early. These systems need to be put in before the walls are plastered, so, plan it early. Measure the distance from each outlet to ensure the vacuum hose would reach every room, in and around the furniture.
- Decide where to place control panels. There are range of necessary control panels – heating and cooling, lighting, home security. Decide what kind of technology you intend to use, find the most practical and least obtrusive place to them — last thing you want is a panel right next gorgeous artwork!
- Make provisions if you’re unsure or budget restricts. Building is expensive and by the time it comes to electrical works, the budget can be blown. My advice is to make provision for these things by running the cabling you need to those areas, so you can add them when the timing is right.