If you are a contractor, house owner, painter or anyone else who is having the paint renovation done in his home, office or somewhere else can prefer to take these lead safety online courses. Most of the people would not know that these wall paints that we use in our home carry lead which is harmful to the children as well as adults. Even some of the most common house renovation activities such as sanding, cutting, and demolition can produce lots of small particles of Lead in your house or property. So, considering the dangers of lead exposure at the workplace or at home, the government has decided to make a rule which should be strictly followed by the paint manufacturers, sellers as well as painters. This rule states that all the contractors, property owners, sellers and the painters must have certification.
There are many training centers which provide lead safety online courses to all those people. Anyone can undergo these online courses to learn how to prevent themselves from lead contamination and exposure. Lead is a heavy metal which is toxic in nature and is found in earth’s crust.
Causes of Lead Contamination
There are many causes responsible for the lead contamination. Some of those contaminations are listed below.
- The house paints which are manufactured before 1978 are prone to carry lead dissolved in the paint.
- The painted toys and household items which are painted before 1976 are also prone to lead contamination.
- The power storage batteries in your home carry lead with them.
- Bullets, fishing sinkers, and curtain weights are made up of lead.
- Some of the paints that are used in artwork can carry lead them. Cheap quality artwork supplies can also carry the lead in them. So, it is best to keep the children away from these things that we use in our home.