If you are a first timer dealing with screened rooms for the pool or an experienced person, you should learn how you can repair the screen of your pool cage as it may be of very much advantage. In today’s article, we will teach you the same on how you can go about it.
Requirements for repairing screen
- Screwdriver (small)
- Nylon brush with stiff-bristle
- Cloth for the screen
- Measuring tape
- Knife (utility)
- Scrap lumber
- Spline Roller
Steps to repair your screen of a pool cage
- Insert the flat part of the screwdriver at one end of the panel of the spline to lift it up and then remove the spline which kept the old screening in its position.
- Use a pair of pliers to catch at one end of the spline and then pull it out slowly, out of its groove.
- Again go through these two steps unless and until you have removed all the remaining sides of the panel.
- Once you have done this, the screen now becomes loose and you need to take out that loose screen slowly. It is preferred that you start taking out the loose screen by one of its corners to avoid any kind of unnecessary mistakes.
- Clean the panel properly with nylon brush and then measure it using the measuring tape. Now, during cutting, always remember to cut out an inch or two extra.
- Now, by using a straightedge and utility knife, you are expected to cut out the screen according to the measurements of the panel.
- Use enough of spline so that you can cover two sides of the panel and then uses the spline roller to make the adjustments properly and to fit the screen properly into the frame. You can cut out the extra parts using the utility knife but don’t damage the screen.
- Now, after you are ready with everything, you have to now place the screen back to its place. Be very careful in doing this. Opening is easy but fitting can be difficult. You can also seek help from an expert. If there are any extra portions remaining, use the utility knife to cut it off and make fittings properly.
For the ones who are not used to this, it is generally recommended that you take help from experts regarding the mechanical science behind working and the measurements which can be best. For this, you can seek consultancy from screen repair tampa FL as they are one of the existing experts who can help you with this project.