Kitchen space has to be planned carefully. It needs to be attractive, highly functional and easy hygiene maintenance. Therefore, choose Köögimööbel (Kitchen Furniture) very carefully.
Tips to design a better kitchen
Eliminate useless movements
Determine how you use the items –
- Keep plastic containers and wraps nearby for wrapping leftovers.
- Breakfast bowls and snacks need to be stored near breakfast table.
- Flatware and dishware needs to be placed near the dishwasher. This makes the process of unloading easy.
Walkways need to be wide
- Pathways around the kitchen need to be 36” wide.
- Cooking zone path needs to be 42” wide for one-cook and 48” for 2-cook configuration.
- The kitchen island and peninsula need to be planned, accordingly.
- Keep cook-top away from traffic areas, if there are kids.
- It ensures that kids don’t catch pot handles accidently, while running around.
- Refrigerators need to be easily accessible to people working in kitchen, cleanup areas, and passing by.
Door swing directions
- For making appliance and cabinet doors more functional plan the space for swing direction.
- Appliances need to be steered clear from corners.
- Ensure the doors don’t bang against one another, if opened, simultaneously.
Correct height for microwave
- Microwave location may differ due to cooks needs or kid friendly feature in the kitchen.
- A good microwave oven height for adults is 15” above countertop level.
- For kids, microwave needs to be installed below the countertop for easy accessibility and safety.
Determine island functions
If you wish to eat and cook on Kitchen Island then plan sufficient space to separate cook-top from dining area.
- Regular cooking needs more counter space between sink and cooking range than those preparing simple meals, infrequently.
- Incorporating 2 countertop heights makes baking easy, especially helps with kids involved in food preparation.
- A shelf needs to be positioned behind or beside the cooking range for keeping spices, oils, and utensils handy.
- S-hooks placed on range side hoods allow frequently to be used pots & pans.
Carefully store knives
- Knives hung on magnetic strip pinned to backsplash allow you to spot the right one for the job, easily.
- In addition, dangerous item is kept out of your kids reach.
For recycling needs
- A cabinet needs to be equipped with different containers for metal, plastic and glass.
- Old newspaper can be accumulated in a spare drawer.
- Place a chalkboard, white board or bulletin board on the wall, near the telephone in the kitchen.
- Notebook, pen, and calendar needs to be stored in a close by drawer.
Multiple outlets need to be installed on the island and along the backsplash for using electrical appliances anywhere, in the kitchen.
Break cabinetry blocks
Heavy door blocks and drawers are boring, so add details like glass doors or display shelves.
Proper color scheme
Soft shades kitchen furniture bought from Grandber Sisustus helps to light up and expand the look of a small kitchen.
John Brookner has written this article. The best Köögimööbel solutions available at Grandber Sisustus furnishings, are suitable for residential and commercial purpose. The company is known for of providing total customer satisfaction, because they never compromise on the quality of materials they use for developing top quality kitchen furniture.